Hi: Mitch Teplitsky here, founder/director of Lucuma Films, specializing in doc films about Peru and immigration, including Soy Andina (which screened on PBS and worldwide, and the forthcoming Return to the Andes, about a Peruvian woman in NYC who returns to her birthplace to help women start businesses – and ends up running for mayor.
I am seeking an intern for the distribution/outreach of Return to the Andes (or as documentary filmmakers like to call the role now, "Impact and Engagement")
Responsibilities would include:
• Communicating with/organizing screenings at universities (education market is our core market)
• Researching other potential screening venues, including film festivals, conferences and libraries
• Drafting/Updating website and social media
• Website updates (e.g. calendar, events, news, press room)
• Help manage database of key contacts, press and screenings
• This is a part-time (10-15 hours week?) unpaid position, for now (I am seeking grants and investors to fund a part-time paid position, though can't promise that)
• We are happy to provide requirements for college credit, if you're still in school.
• Location: Anywhere. Work remotely (I am splitting time between NYC and Bloomington, IN)
• You will learn a lot and have fun, working with me and a great community of supporters and fans.
You are likely:
• Passionate about documentary film....digital communication/social media.... and Latin America
• Bilingual Spanish-English (not essential, but helpful)
• Love connecting/communicating with people about projects and ideas you believe in
• Internet savvy – you like to be online, figure out new tools and methods. Experience with YouTube, Vimeo, websites, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, MailChimp or other newsletter services
• Aspiring for a career in communications, outreach, PR, documentary or Impact Producer
Drop me an email, tell me about your interest and background include resume and/or LinkedIn and any other links/samples you'd like).
Thank you! - Mitch Teplitsky