Hi: Mitch Teplitsky here, founder/director of Lucuma Films, specializing in doc films about Peru and immigration, including Soy Andina (which screened on PBS and worldwide, and the forthcoming Return to the Andes, about a Peruvian woman in NYC who returns to her birthplace to help women start businesses – and ends up running for mayor.
I am seeking an intern for the distribution/outreach of Return to the Andes (or as documentary filmmakers like to call the role now, "Impact and Engagement")
Responsibilities would include:
• Communicating with/organizing screenings at universities (education market is our core market)
• Researching other potential screening venues, including film festivals, conferences and libraries
• Drafting/Updating website and social media
• Website updates (e.g. calendar, events, news, press room)
• Help manage database of key contacts, press and screenings
• This is a part-time (10-15 hours week?) unpaid position, for now (I am seeking grants and investors to fund a part-time paid position, though can't promise that)
• We are happy to provide requirements for college credit, if you're still in school.
• Location: Anywhere. Work remotely (I am splitting time between NYC and Bloomington, IN)
• You will learn a lot and have fun, working with me and a great community of supporters and fans.
You are likely:
• Passionate about documentary film....digital communication/social media.... and Latin America
• Bilingual Spanish-English (not essential, but helpful)
• Love connecting/communicating with people about projects and ideas you believe in
• Internet savvy – you like to be online, figure out new tools and methods. Experience with YouTube, Vimeo, websites, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, MailChimp or other newsletter services
• Aspiring for a career in communications, outreach, PR, documentary or Impact Producer
Drop me an email, tell me about your interest and background include resume and/or LinkedIn and any other links/samples you'd like).
Thank you! - Mitch Teplitsky
Feb 26-27 • Yale University, New Haven, CT
Thanks to Margherita Tortora, founder/director of the Latin American Film and Iberian Film Festival at Yale, we'll be bringing Return to the Andes to Yale for an evening screening on Feb 26. We'll also be visiting Margherita's students in her Introduction to New Latin American Cinema class the follow day.